There’ s no doubt about it, it is officially a recession. So if your sales have started to slip, you are not alone. Fortunately, there are ways to regain your sales volume and even improve it.
Here are 10 tips that will make your online store more profitable.
- Go International. Don’t limit your business by shipping locally. Open up your target market by offering shipping to customers around the world.
- Don’t Underestimate a Good Promotion. Everyone likes a deal. So by offering special discounts to your customers, and spreading the word, you will experience a traffic surge and attract new customers.
- Redesign. Redesign. If your store does not look professional, you are undoubtedly turning away a good portion of prospective customers. So evaluate the credibility and trustworthiness of your website and if necessary, make improvements.
- Get the Word Out. You might be using the same old methods of advertising that you always used: Pay-Per-Click, directories, etc.. But today, in this market, you’ll get more results when you get creative with your advertising. And, you’ll save money. For tips on advertising, see our articles 15 Ways To Market Your Website and 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Promoting Your Website.
- Cross-Promote Your Products. Most users who visit online stores know exactly what they are looking for, will navigate directly to it, and purchase just those items. Cross-promotion enables you to show a visitor other items that they might like and usually helps to increase the average sale.
- Implement an Affiliate Advertising Program. Today it is easier than ever to set up an affiliate advertising program. The advantages of using affiliate advertisers is that you only pay your affiliates when they have successfully sent a paying customer. So it guarantees success, as opposed to pay-per-click where you always pay, regardless of performance.
- Search Engine Optimization is Key. Whether or not you hire a search engine optimization professional is up to you, but there are several key things that you can do to better optimize your web store. Some of these things include creating unique titles and meta descriptions for each page, submitting sitemaps to Google and other search engines, increasing your Google pagerank by soliciting inbound links, and by having quality on-page content which accurately describes your products or services.
- Get Your Visitors to Tell a Friend. One of the best forms of promotion is by referral. So make it easy for your visitors to tell a friend by including an email box or some other tool for recommendations. You could also give customers a reward when they refer other paying customers. This will give them an incentive to recommend your store to their friends.
- Make Sure Users Can Find What They are Looking For. Many websites lose customers because customers get lost in the site and cannot find what they are looking for. So consider adding a site search engine or a user site map to your website.
- Make It A Pleasant Place To Visit. Finally, be sure to make your site welcoming by removing any annoying website features. Some of these include slow-loading pages, broken links, tiny font, and pop-up ads.
Your sales do not have to follow the dips in the economy. By implementing these tips, you’ll be able to improve the user experience, increase traffic, and restore your sales volume. Tags: affiliate advertising, load time, navigation, organic search, pagerank, pay per click, search engines, sitemap, traffic generation, visitor loyalty